We are a village and a community spanning the northern border of Iroquois County and the southern border of Kankakee County.
Tegan Squyers was the top seller for the Chebanse Elementary School fundraiser. She sold 89 items. Her prize was breakfast at Rally Point with officers of the Kankakee County Sheriff's Department.
Chebanse was established in 1854 as the first stop on the Illinois Central Railroad South of Kankakee, IL. In the Potawatomi language, "Chebanse" means "The Little Duck".
We pride ourselves on community and family.